Sunday, November 16, 2008

Gmail Web Chat



Google has made new innovated changes yet again. Googles email accounts, known as gmail, has a new technology. Gmail has created a voice and video chat. You can now video chat with your friends, family, and business associates through gmail, unlike AOL where your buddy list pops up and you can IM others through the email only via text. You can now see you IM buddies face to face.
Gmail voice and video chat was created in Sweden. Thecreators collaborated with the U.S. making this technology available for us as well. This viral video shows quick and easy instructions on how to use it and different functions it can help you with. All you need is a web cam, to watch the video below, and you are good to go!

3 comments:

Sherry Mauch said...

I use gmail, and I had no idea that this web chat thing exists. I think that it is a really good idea though. I would love to use it to talk to some of my friends abroad who I really only keep in contact with through email. This would also be good for family that I never see that aren't on facebook, but correspond through email a lot.

Analee Paz said...

Cori, I am an avid gmailer, and I recently heard about this! I love the way that gmail continues to embrace connection and interaction between users. They have gone far and beyond typical email servers. I think this is totally cool.

Anonymous said...

I have heard and posted about this new Gmail feature but have not seen it in action. It's pretty awesome and such a great idea. It is definitely perfect for me since my boyfriend lives in Lubbock. Thank you Google!