Thursday, November 13, 2008

Web Video. Stop Smoking.

Our last big project in our social media for public relations class consisted of creating our own web video about a current social issue. While the options were endless, I decided to produce a web video about the dangers of tobacco and smoking cigarettes. As a college student, many of my friends smoke. While I can't stand the smell of it or being around it, they think that it is just a phase, they can quit whenever they want, and that it is no big deal. Hopefully the texts, graphics, and music of this video will help change their minds about this social issue.
The video was produce with Jumpcut and you can view it here:



After doing the research, and editing for this project, I actually enjoyed making the video. I want to learn more about the editing process, because there were a few things I was unsure of how to do. But overall, after creating an amateur video, I realized what dramatic impact a few pictures, texts, effects, and music can make on the viewers. It's pretty cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome job Cori!

I love how the music sets the mood so well.

bradleyf said...

Cori,
I think that making this video was actually pretty fun too. I think that it is neat how you can quickly make a video on jumpcut without already having previous knowledge on how to make a video. I like how it is easy to make, add music, and edit the video. I think that this was a cool project and I enjoyed it.

Sherry Mauch said...

Great job on the video! I think that the issue you chose is very relevant...especially at this time in our lives when we know so many people who "social smoke" and do not think about the repercussions. The only thing that I thought might be a problem is that I didn't have enough time to read some of the statistics before the slide changed....but maybe I am just a slow reader...lol!

davalos said...

Great job! Great topic and choice of music. The content was awesome. The pictures worked well with the captions. I especially loved how you were able to relate to our generation with your pictures of teenagers. Great job!