Thursday, September 11, 2008

To Jdate or not to Jdate?

Having trouble finding other Jewish people in your community? The search is over. Social media has taken a new approach to online dating. It has narrowed down the search field. Not only now can you search for your ideal match, but you can go straight to JDate.com and find your Jewish soulmate. This source of social media takes a modern spin on matchmaking. Its an expansion of the Jewish geography that already exists.


This source of social media has proven to be pretty successful. It gets straight to its target with its thorough questionaire and profile application. The questions relate to personal attributes, characterisitics, religion classification and ideal person one is looking for. Countless marriages, relationships and friendships have been created through this source. Through this website you can IM others online, video chat, see whose viewing you, add people to your favorites...and much more.

JDate Video

Flaws and errors have also been shown with this social media. It offers different price packages to become a memeber and gives the option of being able to do more functions. People who signed in as guests said they wouldn't take this plunge due to the fact that they have been unsuccessful and constantly rejected. Is the social media network responsible? Or is it the fault of the guests and memebers? Thus "To Jdate or not to Jdate?" is the question.

1 comment:

Royal Raven said...

I tried J-date about a year ago. I hadn't dated a Jewish girl since Camp Herzl 15 years ago. And it would make my parents proud, you know, there are only 30 million of us left in the world so we still have some work to due, kinda thing. So as I remember I wasn't to impressed with J-Date. The selection wasn't that good and I felt a little creepy. Well, I'm sure if I were that impressed I probably wouldn't have cared about being creepy. Instead I’m taking it to the next step, by going to the Promised Land this winter break; maybe I’ll find an I-date.