Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Not so sure about social bookmarking

The past two classes have been primarily dedicated to social bookmarking. At the begining of class I was aware we had assignment that dealt with social bookmarking but had no clue what it was about. I'm not so sure I completley understand now. I was aware that social bookmarks allows internet users to save, categorize and share information on the web, but wasn't sure that just saving a webpage to my favorites wasn't easier. I know that our generation is supposed to catch on better to new technologies, but I am still a little lost when it comes to this whole social bookmarking. I feel like there is such a process to it and too many steps.

To become more accustomed with social bookmarking, I took it upon myself to visit, Del.icio.us, hands on. After spending time with it and become more familar with its functions, I took a liking to it. One of the benefits I discovered was that I can access my favorites websites from any computer. I also like that I can share my findings with others that have similar interests by tagging with generated keywords. It also helps to remember the reason I bookmarked the sight in the first place.

Social bookmarking has many helpful and useful characteristics and I take back most doubts I had about it in the first place.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here are the top 20 social bookmarking websites for generating fresh back links to your site. All of these contain DO follow, ensuring links leading to your website will count within the search engines as a valid back link. Social Bookmark